4224 North Tampania Ave
Tampa, Florida 33607
14547 Bruce B Downs Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33613
2020 Town Center Blvd.
Brandon, Florida 33511
27343 Wesley Chapel Blvd
Wesley Chapel, Florida 33543
2100 Via Bella Blvd
Land O Lakes, Florida 34639
38135 Market Square
Zephyrhills, Florida 33542
12500 North Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, Florida 33618
Stomach Ulcer Treatment at Florida Medical Clinic
Stomach ulcer treatment often involves a combination of medications, lifestyle changes, and potentially even surgical procedures. However, different types of ulcers require different types of treatment, and finding a physician who takes an individualized approach to treatment is key.
At Florida Medical Clinic, we work one-on-one with each patient to help them find the right treatments for their needs. For instance, when a patient comes in with a stomach ulcer, we start with routine bloodwork to determine if a patient tests positive for H. pylori bacteria, in which case antibiotic treatment would be appropriate. We can also help determine if the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) has contributed to a patient’s stomach ulcer, which may indicate the need for different medications.
Depending on the specifics of a patient’s diagnosis, our gastroenterologists may recommend any of the following forms of stomach ulcer treatment:
- Antibiotics to treat bacterial infections
- Antacid medications to neutralize stomach acid
- Medications to limit the production of stomach acid
- Medications to protect the lining of your stomach and small intestine
- Dietary changes (e.g., avoiding spicy foods and alcohol)
- Smoking cessation, if applicable
- Upper GI endoscopy to treat bleeding stomach ulcers
- Surgery to remove ulcers and damaged tissues
- Preventive care recommendations to reduce the likelihood of developing additional ulcers in the future
We also provide a range of onsite diagnostic services, including minimally invasive endoscopies and barium swallow testing. This helps us provide patients with the most appropriate treatment plans for their unique needs, and also to accurately diagnose patients who have pain and other gastrointestinal symptoms but are not yet sure of the cause.
To learn more about stomach ulcer treatment or any of the other gastroenterology services offered at Florida Medical Clinic, contact us today.