Hemorrhoids are a very common condition, as nearly three out of four adults will experience hemorrhoids at some point. But for those with facing chronic issues related to hemorrhoids, safe and effective treatment is provided through Florida Medical Clinic’s Department of Proctology. We offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options, ranging from medications and self-care recommendations to cryotherapy and surgical tissue removal.
Surgical and non-surgical relief.
At Florida Medical Clinic, we will carefully review your symptoms and recommend one or more hemorrhoid treatment options based on several different factors. For instance, patients with only minor or intermittent discomfort may obtain the relief they need from soothing creams and lifestyle changes, while those with moderate to severe symptoms may require surgical treatment. We understand that hemorrhoid symptoms can significantly impact your life, and we are committed to helping you find an effective treatment plan.
Hemorrhoid treatment recommendations may include:
- Dietary changes (including a higher fiber intake to improve digestion)
- Cold compresses, and/or topical medications to soothe irritation
- Steroid medications to alleviate inflammation and anesthetic medications to manage pain
- Cryotherapy, in which hemorrhoid tissue is destroyed through the application of freezing cold materials
- Rubber band ligation to block blood supply to the affected area
- Sclerotherapy, in which a saline solution is injected into an abnormal blood vessel or tissue
- Surgery to remove internal or external hemorrhoids that have not responded to other treatments
Because successful hemorrhoid treatment often involves a long-term management plan, Florida Medical Clinic uses an innovative electronic health records system to store detailed information pertaining to your treatment. This enables our physicians to review your prior treatments and results and make additional recommendations accordingly.
For more information about hemorrhoid treatment at Florida Medical Clinic, contact us today. We have a team of experienced proctologists available to help you explore your options.