Proctology is a medical field focused on disorders of the rectum, anus and colon. At the Department of Proctology, we specialize in colorectal endoscopy, rectal surgery and colorectal diseases. We also offer preventative screening services to help you take control of your health.
A trusted source for comprehensive care.
We treat the following conditions:
- Hemorrhoidectomy– The surgical removal of hemorrhoid tissue
- Pilonidal Cystectomy– The surgical removal of pilonidal cyst
- Fissurectomy– The surgical removal of rectal fissure
- Sphincterotomy– The surgical release of the internal sphincter muscle
- Fistulectomy– The surgical removal of perianal fistula
- Colonoscopy- The prevention and screening of colorectal cancer
- Perianal and Rectal Diseases, including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome disease
- Chronic constipation and diarrhea
- Verrucous (HPV) lesions
- Fissures and fistulas
- Thrombosed external hemorrhoids
- Fecal incontinence
- Colon cancer treatment
In addition to various surgical procedures for patients with disorders related to the rectum or colon, we provide non-surgical options such as:
- Infra-Red Coagulation (IRC)
- Rubber-Band Ligation
We understand that colorectal medical conditions can be a sensitive issue, and we strive to provide our services in an environment that prioritizes privacy and confidentiality for all patients. We are dedicated to delivering high quality and effective colorectal medical services in a welcoming, safe and cost-conscious manner.
To schedule an appointment with our Proctology Department at Florida Medical Clinic, contact us today.
Proudly Serving: North Tampa.
We can help you stop looking for bathrooms and start living your life. Because bladder control therapy has helped countless individuals reclaim their lives from urinary urgency, urinary incontinence, and other disruptive conditions.
Typically, we recommend starting with conservative constipation treatment options. In most cases, you will be able to regain normal digestive habits with one or more of these therapies. However, we also offer more advanced treatments, such as colorectal surgery, as needed.
Safe and effective hemorrhoid treatment is provided through Florida Medical Clinic’s Department of Proctology. We offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options, ranging from medications and self-care recommendations to cryotherapy and surgical tissue removal.
InterStim is an option for both men and women and is typically recommended if you are experiencing strong, unexpected urges to urinate, as well as frequent urination and/or bladder leakage that is unrelated to physical activity.