Depending on a number of unique factors, your endocrinologist may recommend any combination of the following treatment options:
- Regular blood sugar monitoring (may include prescription for wearable devices)
- Adhering to a customized diabetes diet
- Developing a routine exercise plan
- Insulin therapy or other diabetes medications
- Medically supervised weight loss for individuals with prediabetes
- Dietary adjustments for individuals with gestational diabetes
- Physical therapy for individuals with diabetic neuropathy
- Injection therapy, medications, and/or laser surgery for individuals with diabetic eye disease
Our team of endocrinologists will help you develop healthy lifestyle habits through proper nutrition and fitness routines. Adopting a healthy lifestyle will improve your symptoms and blood glucose levels, slowly reducing your body’s need for supplemental insulin whenever possible.
If you’re ready to take control of your diabetes and discuss your treatment options with an experienced endocrinologist, contact Florida Medical Clinic today.
Proudly Serving: Central Tampa, Land O’ Lakes, North Tampa, and Zephyrhills.