2352 Bruce B Downs Blvd.
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
38135 Market Square
Zephyrhills, Florida 33542
Hemorrhoid Treatment at Florida Medical Clinic’s Department of Proctology
Safe, effective, and discreet hemorrhoid treatment is provided through Florida Medical Clinic’s Department of Proctology. We offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options, ranging from medications and self-care recommendations to cryotherapy and surgical tissue removal.
At Florida Medical Clinic, each patient’s needs are carefully evaluated by our expert physicians, who will then recommend one or more hemorrhoid treatment options based on several different factors. For instance, patients with only minor or intermittent discomfort may obtain the relief they need from soothing creams and lifestyle changes, while patients with moderate to severe symptoms may require surgical treatment. We understand that hemorrhoid symptoms can significantly impact an individual’s life, and are committed to helping each patient find an effective treatment plan.
Hemorrhoid treatment recommendations may include:
- Dietary changes (including a higher fiber intake to improve digestion)
- Ice, cold compresses, and/or topical medications to soothe irritation
- Steroid medications to alleviate inflammation and anesthetic medications to manage pain
- Cryotherapy, in which hemorrhoid tissue is destroyed through the application of freezing cold materials
- Rubber band ligation to block blood supply to the affected area
- Sclerotherapy, in which a saline solution is injected into an abnormal blood vessel or tissue
- Surgery to remove internal or external hemorrhoids that have not responded to other treatments
Because successful hemorrhoid treatment often involves a long-term management plan, Florida Medical Clinic uses an electronic medical record to keep detailed notes pertaining to each patient’s treatment. This enables our physicians to review the patient’s prior treatments (and results) and make additional recommendations accordingly.
For more information about hemorrhoid treatment at Florida Medical Clinic, contact us today. We have a team of experienced proctologists available to help you explore your options.