Atrial fibrillation treatment can vary from one person to the next. There are many different options that can be used to regulate a patient’s heartbeat and alleviate his or her symptoms, although treatments that are effective for one person might not be appropriate for another. The cause, severity, and symptoms of a patient’s AFib can all play a role in which types of treatment are recommended.
At Florida Medical Clinic, Paul Z. Gerczuk, M.D., is committed to helping every patient find an effective atrial fibrillation treatment plan based on the patient’s unique needs. Following a comprehensive analysis, Dr. Gerczuk may recommend:
- Anti-arrhythmic medications, which suppress abnormal electrical activity
- Beta blocker medications, which interfere with the production of adrenaline to lower the blood pressure and decrease the heart rate
- Anti-coagulant medications, which can help reduce the likelihood of blood clots and strokes (two potential complications of atrial fibrillation)
- Electrical cardioversion, a clinical procedure designed to reset the heart’s natural rhythm
- Catheter ablation, a minimally invasive procedure that is used to destroy rapidly discharging triggers that are causing the fibrillation
- Pacemakers or other implanted devices that can manually control an irregular heartbeat
Specializing in both medical and procedural AFib treatment, Dr. Gerczuk helps his patients find relief from their symptoms and reduce the likelihood of long-term complications. Additionally, Dr. Gerczuk may recommend ongoing monitoring to ensure that a patient’s atrial fibrillation treatment plan remains effective, providing any modifications that might be necessary for positive a long-term outcome.
If you’ve been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and are preparing to begin treatment, contact Dr. Gerczuk today to schedule an appointment.
Proudly serving Wiregrass/Wesley Chapel, Tampa, Temple Terrace, Carrollwood, Lutz, Land O Lakes, and Zephyrhills, Florida