3000 Medical Park Drive
Tampa, Florida 33613
6606 Stadium Drive
Zephyrhills, FL 33542
2727 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33607
Diabetes Treatment from the Endocrinologists at Florida Medical Clinic
Diabetes treatment is a long-term effort, and for convenient, patient-centric care, there’s no better team to turn to than Florida Medical Clinic. Here, you can consult with a number of specialized medical professionals – from family physicians and internists to endocrinologists and dietitians, all in the same clinically integrated network. We have a number of physicians who specialize in type 1 and type 2 diabetes treatment, be it managing your blood sugar through diet or exercise or addressing diabetes-related conditions such as vision loss or nerve damage. And, thanks to our electronic medical records, every member of your team will be able to stay up-to-date on your treatment plan, with no need for you to transfer paperwork or request referrals.
At Florida Medical Clinic, we take a comprehensive approach to diabetes treatment. Your endocrinologist will serve as your primary diabetes doctor, but he or she may recommend that you consult with other specialists to ensure that all of your needs are being met. Depending on a number of unique factors, your endocrinologist may recommend any combination of the following treatment options:
- Regular blood sugar monitoring (including the prescription of wearable devices)
- Adhering to a special diabetes diet
- Developing a routine exercise plan
- Insulin therapy or other diabetes medications
- Medically supervised weight loss for individuals with prediabetes
- Dietary adjustments for individuals with gestational diabetes
- Physical therapy for individuals with diabetic neuropathy
- Injection therapy, medications, and/or laser surgery for individuals with diabetic eye disease
Our team will be here to help you adjust your diabetes treatment plan as needed over time. Although diabetes never truly goes away, we’re here to help you adopt a healthy lifestyle that will improve your symptoms and blood glucose levels, slowly reducing your body’s need for supplemental insulin whenever safely possible.
When you’re ready to take control of your diabetes and discuss your treatment options with an experienced endocrinologist, contact Florida Medical Clinic to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.