Sometimes, a good night of sleep just doesn’t happen naturally. Recurring patterns of poor sleep, however, may indicate a type of sleeping disorder. Our sleep lab offers multiple services to help diagnose and treat sleeping disorders.
Sleep is essential to our health and wellbeing.
Our Sleep Lab Services Include:
- Home Sleep Study (HST)
- Baseline Sleep Study – Lab Overnight
- Titration – 2nd Night In Lab Sleep Study
- MSLT – Daytime Study to Check for Narcolepsy
We provide treatment for common sleeping disorders such as:
- Chronic Insomnia
- Sleep Apnea
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- REM Behavior Disorder
What happens in a Sleep Lab?
Sleep Lab studies usually last one night and are designed to be comfortable and painless. You will sleep in a private room, similar to a hotel or hospital room. Family members may stay overnight. There are basically two devices used in a sleep study. They work in the following way.
- The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) is a machine weighing about five pounds that sits on a bedside table.
- A mask containing a tube connects to the device and fits over just the nose.
- The CPAP machine supplies a steady stream of air through a tube and applies sufficient air pressure to prevent the tissues from collapsing during sleep.
Once the study is complete, your sleep disorder specialist will review and interpret the information gathered. We will contact you to explain the results within a week. Treatment options will be discussed at this time.
Proudly Serving: Zephyrhills.