Millions of children in the United States have been diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a common childhood disorder that can lead to inattentiveness, hyperactivity, or both. Children with ADHD face many challenges on a daily basis that can limit their ability to unlock their dormant potential. As a parent, you’re likely familiar with the traditional methods for dealing with ADHD — Adderall, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Dexedrine…the list goes on. But are these medications really the most effective (and safest) option for your child?
“treatment that supports your child’s overall wellbeing”
Maulik K. Trivedi, M.D., believes that overmedicating causes more harm than good, which is why he uses the MindBody Care™ model to help his patients heal. MindBody Care™ focuses on whole person care to cultivate long-term mental wellness. If your child requires ADHD treatment in Wesley Chapel, know that you can rely on Dr. Trivedi and his team for a personalized treatment that supports your child’s overall wellbeing.
Overcoming ADHD With MindBody Care™
Dr. Trivedi is a child psychiatrist in Wesley Chapel with a track record of success stemming from his commitment to personalized care, doctor-patient relationships, and the use of the MindBody Care™ model. When making his diagnosis, he first determines which type of ADHD your child has: inattentive, hyperactive/impulsive, or combined.
- Inattentive: easily distracted but not necessarily hyperactive or impulsive.
- Hyperactive/Impulsive: exhibits hyperactivity and impulsivity but not inattention.
- Combined: displays symptoms of both inattentive and hyperactive/impulsive ADHD.
To make the most accurate diagnosis possible and provide your child with a tailored treatment suited to their specific needs, he must consider a broad range of factors. Parents should be prepared to answer a myriad of questions, including:
Relating to Inattentive ADHD
- Is your child easily distracted?
- Is your child forgetful?
- Does your child exhibit the inability to pay attention to school work or other activities?
- Does your child make careless mistakes?
- Does your child ignore the speaker, even when spoken directly to?
- Does your child have difficulty following instructions?
- Is your child performing poorly in school?
- Is your child organized?
- Are tasks involving strenuous mental effort too much for your child to handle?
- Does your child lose important things?
Relating to Hyperactivity and Impulsivity
- Is your child constantly moving?
- Does your child talk incessantly?
- Does your child have trouble waiting for their turn?
- Does your child tap their feet, fidget, and squirm when seated?
- Does your child get up suddenly to move around, even during class?
- Is your child constantly blurting out answers in class or interrupting others?
Once Dr. Trivedi and his team have all the information needed, they will provide your child with a treatment customized from various MindBody Care™ modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy, nutritional counseling, and more. Depending on the severity of your child’s condition, other options (including medication) may be prescribed to give your child relief. As a trusted child psychiatrist in Wesley Chapel, Dr. Trivedi and his team will stop at nothing to help your child.
What About ADD Treatment in Wesley Chapel?
Although ADHD and attention deficit disorder (ADD) are commonly confused with one another, ADD is actually considered an “outdated” term. ADD is synonymous with inattentive ADHD, which means that if you’re looking for ADD treatment in Wesley Chapel, Dr. Trivedi and his team can treat you using the MindBody Care™ model.
Schedule a consultation for the highest quality ADHD treatment in Wesley Chapel today!
Disclaimer: The contents of this website are for general educational purposes only. All content and media on the Maulik K. Trivedi, M.D., website does not constitute professional medical advice nor is the information intended to replace the services of Maulik K. Trivedi, M.D., or other qualified medical professionals. If you believe you are having a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
The content, views, and opinions communicated on this website do not represent the views of Maulik K. Trivedi, M.D. Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk. Although this website contains links to other medical websites, this is strictly for informational purposes. Maulik K. Trivedi, M.D. is not responsible nor do they approve of the content featured on any third party linked websites referenced on this website.