Florida Medical Clinic is a multi-specialty physician group with locations throughout the Tampa Bay area. Our physician-owned clinic is currently growing with over 400 providers and more than 50 locations. Florida Medical Clinic’s one-year postgraduate Administrative Residency Program is designed to provide recent MHA/MBA graduates practical and operational experience in the outpatient setting.
The unique aspect about our residency program is that you are training for a permanent Associate Director position within Florida Medical Clinic during your time as a resident.
The Administrative Residency is a project-based program which exposes the resident to all facets of the organization. The resident will work closely with the senior leadership team throughout rotations and projects related to process improvement, financial, and operational initiatives of Florida Medical Clinic. Along with project work, the resident will attend executive and board meetings. The resident is also encouraged to supplement their experience with attending other committee meetings throughout Florida Medical Clinic and shadowing clinic staff.
We provide our resident with coaching and mentoring that enhance leadership and management skills. Previous residents and directors working within Florida Medical Clinic serve as mentors to guide the resident through their learning experience. Residents develop close relationships with their mentors as well as the executive leadership team during project assignments and rotations.
The objectives of the residency include:
- Gaining mentor/mentee relationships with the senior leadership team
- Postgraduate hands-on management experience and professional growth
- Contributing to our organization through projects and attendance at executive meeting and board meetings
How to Apply
Please see below for a list of application packet information and important dates and deadlines.
Please apply and submit your application packet here:
The Florida Medical Clinic Administrative Residency Program seeks diverse, motivated team players who have desire to develop personally and professionally.
- Strong interest in operations
- Candidates must have completed the didactic degree requirements from accredited masters-level programs
- Foundational knowledge in the core competencies of healthcare administration
The application for the 2022 residency cycle will open July 31, 2021 and close October 22, 2021 at 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time
1st Round interviews: Late October
2nd Round interviews: November
Residency Begins: Summer 2022
The Residency offer must be accepted within 24 hours.
Thank you for your interest in the Florida Medical Clinic Administrative Residency Program! The application for the 2022 Administrative Resident will remain open until October 22nd, 2021, 5:00pm EST. Applications received after this time will not be considered by the selection committee.
When you are ready to apply, please gather your application materials for a single submission. You will not be able to save your changes and return to the form.
We do not sponsor international visas.
Required Application Materials:
Please submit the following items in 1 PDF file:
- Resume/CV (2 pages max)
- Current Official Graduate School Transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation addressed to Joe Delatorre, CEO (1 Academic, 2 Professional)
- Personal Statement (2 pages max, single-spaced)
- Statement addressing career goals, your decision to pursue a residency experience, and specific expectations of the Florida Medical Clinic residency
- Short Answer Responses
- Short Answer #1: Pick 3 words to describe yourself and explain why you chose them. (500 words max)
- Short Answer #2: What is the most common mistake healthcare leaders make? How could this mistake be avoided? (500 words max)
- Short Answer #3: Tell us about an achievement, not listed on your resume, of which you are most proud. (500 words max)
Short answer and personal statement should be written in 12-point font, single spaced, with 1-inch margins. Please adhere to word and page limits listed above.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Maria Habib at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about our benefits: click here.
Maria Habib, MBA | University of South Florida
Amanda Wolter, MHA | University of Central Florida
Amanda Alvarez, MHA | University of Florida
Katrina Pavlinec, MHA | University of Central Florida
Eddine Luma, MHA | University of Florida
Chad Eichel, MHA | University of Florida
Aisha Horne, MHA | University of Florida
Amy Chaildin, MHA | University of Florida
Shaima Ramadan, MHA | University of Florida