Finding the best dermatologist in Tampa to trust the most visible areas of your body with is important. You need an experienced dermatologist that you can count on, and someone who can give you tips to suit your skin type, your lifestyle, and your concerns. Where should you begin?
What is A Dermatologist?
To begin, you should understand what a dermatologist is. A dermatologist is a doctor who specializes in treating the skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes (e.g., lining inside the mouth, nose, and eyelids).
A dermatologist in Tampa, FL will most likely help patients:
- Diminish wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of aging
- Have less noticeable acne scars
- Look more like themselves after surgery to remove skin cancer
Tampa dermatologists can diagnose and treat more than 3,000 different diseases. These diseases include skin cancer, eczema, acne, psoriasis, and nail infections.
Tampa Sunshine — The Good News and The Bad News
Tampa is a beautiful part of Florida and residents are lucky to enjoy seasonal warm weather and lots of sunshine. Outdoor activities, like swimming and boating, also increase the risk of skin cancer.
Current estimates state that one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime. When a patient is diagnosed with skin cancer, a dermatologist considers many factors before determining which treatment will be best for each patient. These factors include the type of skin cancer, whether the cancer has spread, and where the skin cancer appears on the body.
Pediatric Dermatology Tampa
Often, when we think about pediatric dermatology, we think of teenagers with acne. Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States, affecting approximately 40 to 50 million Americans annually. However, acne is not the only condition that pediatric dermatologists in Tampa diagnose and treat.
There are some diseases that affect the skin, hair, or nails that are more common in children than adults. In addition, there are some diseases that only occur in children. Diseases that a pediatric dermatologist in Tampa is likely to treat include:
- Atopic dermatitis (also called eczema)
- Birthmarks, including port-wine stains
- Birth-related skin disease
- Skin infections
Finding The Best Dermatologist in Tampa
Finding a top dermatologist in Tampa can seem daunting at first. How do you know which dermatologist will be best for you? Here are a few things to consider when looking for a dermatologist in Tampa:
- Specialty – are you looking for a dermatologist that specializes in certain conditions or diseases? Some dermatologist specialize in cosmetic dermatology while others specialize in skin diseases.
- Education and Experience – read about dermatologist credentials online. Many medical practice websites now list biographies of their doctors.
- Location – Is there a qualified dermatologist located near where you live or work?
- Gender – some patients are more comfortable seeing a dermatologist of a certain gender. Make sure that you will be comfortable with your future dermatologist.
Ask your friends and co-workers for recommendations of Tampa dermatologists that they currently see. Also, ask about any bad experiences that they had with a dermatologist. Asking a friend or co-worker could be the most reliable way to find the best dermatologist in Tampa for you.
Florida Medical Clinic Dermatology department is comprised of the highest qualified dermatology staff in Tampa. We offer services in both cosmetic dermatology as well as expertise in dermatopathology and minor surgery as well as evaluating the full spectrum of cutaneous disorders.
Florida Medical Clinic Dermatology Services and procedures:
- Diagnosis and treatment of general dermatological disorders
- Treatment of malignant and benign skin lesions
- Dermatological surgery: excision, flaps, and grafts
- Skin patch testing for contact allergies
- Tilt table testing and digital loop recorders
- Mohs Surgery
Florida Medical Clinic Cosmetic Skin Rejuvenation procedures and services include:
- Chemical peels
- Collagen injections
- Juvederm/Restylane Injections
- Medical grade skin care products
Florida Medical Clinic Laser Procedures at Zephyrhills location:
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- Tattoo Removal
Florida Medical Clinic allows you to make an appointment 2 convenient ways. You may schedule an appointment by calling the provider’s office number listed on our Doctors page or you can request an appointment online on our website.