Dr. Ina was born and raised in Florida and has been serving patients in the area since 1991. Married with three children, he spends most of his spare time with his family. His hobbies include exercising and reading.
Your provider is available by phone for urgent issues 24/7. Call the office.
University of South Florida
College of Medicine
Bayfront Medical Center
St. Petersburg, FL
American Academy of Family Physicians
Florida Academy of Family Physicians
Annual Wellness Visits
Weight Loss Counseling
Pre-operative Medical Evaluation
Acute Care Visits
Well Woman Visits
Family Planning Services
General Pediatric Care (Age 12+)
Chronic Disease Management
General Adult Mental & Behavioral Health Services
Minor surgery (removal or mole, warts, cysts, ingrown nail, etc.)
Minor injury care (cuts, burns, bruise, sprain, etc.)
Transitional Care from Adolescent to Adult
Skin biopsies and treatments
New Tampa 15260 Amberly Drive Tampa, Florida 33647
Florida Medical Clinic participates with most major carriers. Please consult your insurance carrier prior to your appointment to verify our participation status with your insurance plan. This list is subject to change and is not all-inclusive.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Medicare PPO
- Aetna PPO
- AvMed HMO
- AvMed PPO
- BC Advantage 65
- BC Health Options (Blue Care)
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS Medicare HMO
- BCBS Medicare PPO
- BCBS PPO (Includes EPO, PPC, BlueOptions, Blue Select)
- Baycare Exclusive Network
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Great West HMO
- Great West PPO
- Coventry HMO
- Coventry Medicare PPO
- Coventry PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana Medicare PPO (Includes Choice PPO/PFFS)
- Humana PPO
- Tricare East
- Tricare East HMO (Prime)
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete HMO
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete PPO
- United Healthcare Dual Complete HMO
- United Healthcare Dual Complete PPO
- United Healthcare HMO
- United Healthcare PPO
- Wellmed- UnitedHealthcare Medicare
Richard J. Ina, MD, AAFP, ABFM's Resources
- Up to Date – Answer Your Medical Questions with the Source Doctors Trust
- EKGs and exercise stress tests When you need them—and when you don’t
- Oral antibiotics for ear infections When you need them—and when you don’t
- Antibiotics for a Sore Throat, Cough, or Runny Nose When you need them—and when you don’t
- Bone-Density Tests When you need a test and when you don’t
- Imaging Tests for Lower-Back Pain You probably do not need an X-ray, CT scan, or MRI
- Pap Tests When you need them—and when you don’t
- Pelvic Exams, Pap Tests and Oral Contraceptives When you need tests to get birth control pills—and when you don’t
- PSA Blood Test for Prostate Cancer When men need it—and when they don’t
- Cervical cancer screening Only get the tests and treatments you need
"Kept me coming back for 20 years!"
"The best Doctor I've ever had"
"Knowledgeable & helpful"
"The only doctor I will see."
"He treats us like family."
"We count on him to have our best interest in mind."
Leave a review for Richard J. Ina, MD, AAFP, ABFM
Our goal is to provide excellence in every patient experience. Your opinion is valuable to us - we would love to hear from you!