Dr. Gray earned both his Bachelor of Arts and a Medical Degree from Vanderbilt University. He completed his orthopaedic residency with an emphasis on joint replacement and arthroscopic surgery. His fellowship included work with the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team. Dr. Gray has served in many academic and volunteer capacities and has lectured on hip repair and hand surgery.
A consultant to the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team, he is an outdoors enthusiast who relishes backpacking, hiking and skiing. A true craftsman, he enjoys home improvement projects and listening to the Blues.
Along with his wife, Dr. Gray supports projects that advance conservation, medical research and the arts. The couple shares a lifelong commitment to service that includes community projects sponsored by the Florida Medical Clinic’s Foundation of Caring. Dr. Gray says his recent, Third World medical volunteer work with Operation Rainbow, was “tremendously fulfilling and a life changing experience.”
School of Medicine
The Union Memorial Hospital
University of California
San Francisco, CA
General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery
Thomas Jefferson University
Hand, Upper Extremity, and Microsurgery
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
North Tampa 14547 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa, Florida 33613 Suite C
14547 Bruce B Downs Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33613
Wiregrass 2352 Bruce B Downs Blvd. Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544 Suite 102
2352 Bruce B Downs Blvd
Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Zephyrhills 38135 Market Square Zephyrhills, Florida 33542 Suite 38107
38135 Market Square
Zephyrhills, FL 33542
Florida Medical Clinic participates with most major carriers. Please consult your insurance carrier prior to your appointment to verify our participation status with your insurance plan. This list is subject to change and is not all-inclusive.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Medicare HMO
- Aetna Medicare PPO
- Aetna PPO
- AvMed HMO
- AvMed PPO
- BC Advantage 65
- BC Health Options (Blue Care)
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS Medicare HMO
- BCBS Medicare PPO
- BCBS PPO (Includes EPO, PPC, BlueOptions, Blue Select)
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Great West HMO
- Great West PPO
- Coventry HMO
- Coventry Medicare HMO
- Coventry Medicare PPO
- Coventry PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana Medicare HMO (including Gold Plus HMO)
- Humana Medicare PPO (Includes Choice PPO/PFFS)
- Humana PPO
- Simply Medicaid
- Simply Medicare Advantage Plan-HMO
- Allwell by Sunshine (Medicare HMO)
- Wellcare by Allwell (Medicare Advantage HMO Plan)
- Tricare East
- Tricare East HMO (Prime)
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete HMO
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete PPO
- United Healthcare Dual Complete HMO
- United Healthcare Dual Complete PPO
- United Healthcare HMO
- United Healthcare PPO
- Wellmed- UnitedHealthcare Medicare
Richard Gray, MD's Resources
- Rapid Recovery
- Biomet Joint Replacement
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Orthopedics Today
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Journals of the AMA
- Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine
- The National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- The Arthritis Foundation
- Repicci II® Resurfacing Knee System
- Discover Elbow System
- The M2a™-Taper Metal-on-Metal
Dr. Richard Gray: A Day in the Life
Check out this behind-the-scenes look with Dr. Richard Gray, one of our Board-Certified orthopaedic surgeons at Florida Medical Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine & Spine. Dr. Gray has over 20 years of experience in the field and has a unique patient-centric attitude when it comes to treatment.
"Very great surgeon & person!"
"A wonderful surgeon"
"Best care ever!!"
"Explains things so that I can understand them"
"Very happy and satisfied with his care."
"Thank you so much Dr. Gray for the outstanding job"
Leave a review for Richard Gray, MD
Our goal is to provide excellence in every patient experience. Your opinion is valuable to us - we would love to hear from you!