Dr. Sotrop was born in the Midwest and has been in Florida since 1982. In 1986 he bought his father’s practice and has been practicing now for more than thirty years. He enjoys traveling and spending time with his family.
University of Iowa College of Medicine Iowa City, IA
Medical College of Wisconsin
Lutz 19021 N. Dale Mabry Hwy Lutz, Florida 33548
Florida Medical Clinic participates with most major carriers. Please consult your insurance carrier prior to your appointment to verify our participation status with your insurance plan. This list is subject to change and is not all-inclusive.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Medicare PPO
- Aetna PPO
- AvMed HMO
- AvMed PPO
- BC Advantage 65
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS HMO- BlueCare Health Options (Marketplace Plan)
- BCBS Medicare HMO
- BCBS Medicare PPO
- BCBS PPO (Includes EPO, PPC, BlueOptions, Blue Select)
- Baycare Exclusive Network
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Coventry HMO
- Coventry Medicare PPO
- Coventry PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana Medicare PPO (Includes Choice PPO/PFFS)
- Humana PPO
- Private Healthcare System (PHCS)
- Tricare East
- Tricare East HMO (Prime)
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete HMO
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete PPO
- United Healthcare Dual Complete HMO
- United Healthcare Dual Complete PPO
- United Healthcare Evercare
- United Healthcare HMO
- United Healthcare PPO
- United Healthcare Secure Horizons
- Wellmed- UnitedHealthcare Medicare
"Open & honest."
"Always enjoy seeing him."
"We trust him implicitly"
"Could not ask for anyone better."
"Thank you for taking care of us for all of these years!"
Leave a review for James A. Sotrop, MD
Our goal is to provide excellence in every patient experience. Your opinion is valuable to us - we would love to hear from you!