What is a Patient Centered Specialty Practice?
The Patient Centered Specialty Practice is a program developed by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This program will improve your access to care and enhance communication between you, your specialist and primary care provider (PCP). Many of our specialists at Florida Medical Clinic are embarking on this journey to transform how we deliver care through this program.
What are the benefits of a Patient Centered Specialty Practice?
- Your Specialist’s primary focus is to enhance care coordination by improving communication with your primary care provider.
- If you do not have a primary care provider your Specialist will communicate with you the importance of connecting with a PCP and will assist you in finding a primary care provider.
- Your Specialist will offer same-day appointments for urgent and routine needs.
- Your specialist will communicate with you via: Phone, Secure Messaging via the Patient Portal, or Mail
- Your Specialist will contact you about appointment reminders, lab results and changes in your care. Your Specialist will determine how often and how frequently communication is needed.
- Your Specialist is engage in quality improvement activities to enhance patient satisfaction and patient outcomes.
When and how can I contact my Specialist for clinical advice?
Our offices are generally open Monday through Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM; however, you may call your Specialist at any time even after office hours and an on-call Specialist will be available to provide you with clinical advice. Your Specialist offers equal access to all his/her patients.
How do I sign up?
Welcome to the Patient Centered Specialty Practice! There is no paperwork or sign up process to be a part of this program. We believe many of our specialists are already practicing this way, but we believe we can be doing even more. Join us on this journey as we transform.
Which providers have received Patient Centered Medical Home recognition?