A young and eager nurse practitioner with a passion for helping people, BrettAshley is a born and raised Californian with a slight New York twist. She prides herself in her professionalism, and caring nature with her patients. In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, relaxing at the beach, cruising, and Latin dancing.
Your provider is available by phone for urgent issues 24/7. Call the office.
University of South Florida
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
University of South Florida
Masters of Science, Nursing
Annual Wellness Visits
Weight Loss Counseling
Urgent Care Services
Acute Care Visits
Well Woman Visit
Family Planning Services
Chronic Disease Management
General Adult Mental & Behavioral Health Services
Auto Accident Services
Repair of Lacerations
Minor surgery (removal or mole, warts, cysts, ingrown nail, etc.)
Minor injury care (cuts, burns, bruise, sprain, etc.)
Suturing and suture removal
Transitional Care from Adolescent to Adult
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care
Carrollwood 12500 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33618 Suite A
12500 N Dale Mabry Hwy
Tampa, Florida 33618
- Monday: 8am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
- Thursday: 8am - 5pm
- Friday: 8am - 5pm
Florida Medical Clinic participates with most major carriers. Please consult your insurance carrier prior to your appointment to verify our participation status with your insurance plan. This list is subject to change and is not all-inclusive.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Medicare PPO
- Aetna PPO
- AvMed HMO
- AvMed PPO
- BC Advantage 65
- BC Health Options (Blue Care)
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS Medicare PPO
- BCBS PPO (Includes EPO, PPC, BlueOptions, Blue Select)
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna PPO
- Coventry HMO
- Coventry Medicare PPO
- Coventry PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana Medicare Gold Plus HMO
- Humana Medicare HMO
- Humana PPO
- Tricare East
- Tricare East HMO (Prime)
- United Healthcare HMO
- United Healthcare PPO
BrettAshley Montero, APRN's Performance
Patient Centered Medical Home Report Card
Florida Medical Clinic
Dr. Curley, Dr. Kamath, Robert Carr, BrettAshley Montero, R. Scott Scheirer, Barbara Vargas
January 1, 2019 – January 2020
|Hospital Follow-up within 14 days of discharge||34%||50%||59%|
|Breast Cancer Screening (All patients)||68%||75%||74%|
|Breast Cancer Screening (Patients 50-64 years of age)||53%||70%||68%|
|Diabetes Poor Control HbA1c > 9.0||11%||8%||6%|
|Depression Screening and Follow-up Plan||70%||80%||65%|
Hospital Follow-up Within 14 Days of Discharge
Percentage of patients who were seen by their primary care provider (PCP) within 14 days of a hospital discharge. Following up with a PCP has been linked to reducing re-admission to the hospital.
Percentage of patients 6 months or older who have received an influenza vaccine. Vaccination has been linked to preventing the spread of the influenza virus.
Breast Cancer Screening
Percentage of female patients 50 to 74 years old who had a mammogram. Early detection is important to prevent the spread of breast cancer.
Diabetic Poor Control Hemoglobin A1c > 9.0
Percentage of patients 18-75 years of age with diabetes who had hemoglobin A1c > 9.0% during the measurement period. A hemoglobin A1c of >9.0% represents poor blood sugar control; therefore, the lower the value, the better. Patients who have a low hemogloblin A1c are less likely to suffer the side effects of diabetes
Depression Screening and Follow-up
Percentage of patients 13 and old who received a depression screening and a follow-up plan if the patient tested positive for depression. Depression is often missed or overlooked, annual screenings enables health care providers to detect and treat depression.
A survey administered quarterly to analyze the overall patient experience at Florida Medical Clinic.
BrettAshley Montero, APRN's Resources
- Up to Date – Answer Your Medical Questions with the Source Doctors Trust
- Antibiotics for a Sore Throat, Cough, or Runny Nose
- Colds, Flu, and Other Respiratory Illnesses in Adults
- Treating Sinusitis
- Treating Lower-Back Pain
- Pelvic Exams, Pap Tests and Oral Contraceptives
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- PSA Blood Test for Prostate Cancer
- Cholesterol Drugs for People 75 and Older
- Treating Heartburn and GERD
- Bone-Density Tests
- EKGs and Exercise Stress Tests
- Insomnia and Anxiety in Older People
- Palliative Care
- Treating Disruptive Behavior in People with Dementia
- Imaging Tests for Lower-Back Pain
- Physical Therapy
- Overactive Bladder and Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Painkiller Choices with Kidney or Heart Problems
- Taking Medicines Safely
- Treating Sinus Problems
- Health Checkups
- Using Opioids Safely After Surgery
- Treating Sleep Problems
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Treating Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Treatments to Relieve Chronic Pain
- Tests & Treatments for Urinary Tract Infections in Older People
- Alzheimer’s disease Testing
- Artery and Vein Problems
- Care at the End of Life for Advanced Cancer Patients
- Treating Plantar Fasciitis
- Antibiotics For Your Skin
- Testosterone for Erection Problems
- Treating Blocked Leg Arteries
"Makes me feel very important to her"
"Great job & thank you!!"
"Thrilled to call her my 'primary care provider'"
"She is an attentive listener"
"A real asset"
"She genuinely cared"
Leave a review for BrettAshley Montero, APRN
Our goal is to provide excellence in every patient experience. Your opinion is valuable to us - we would love to hear from you!