For those struggling to lose between 20 to 40 pounds, it may feel like your options are limited. Sure, you can try a new fitness routine and eat plenty of fruits and veggies, but unfortunately this traditional approach doesn’t work for everyone.
If you just can’t seem to get rid of that pesky baby weight, “beer gut”, or vacation weight gain, it’s important to know you have options. Rather than undergoing invasive weight loss surgery and putting your health at risk, you may want to try ORBERA™.
Find out if the ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System is right for you below!
What is ORBERA™?
ORBERA™ is a safe and effective alternative to traditional weight loss surgery. This incision-less procedure involves placing a soft, smooth balloon in the stomach, starting from the esophagus. Once in the stomach, the balloon is filled with a saline solution to aid in weight loss.
The goal with the ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon is to fill space in a patient’s stomach to help them practice proper portion control and develop healthy eating habits over time.
This FDA-approved outpatient elective procedure usually takes less than 30 minutes to complete and patients are sedated while the balloon is inserted. Within a few hours of recovery, most patients head home to begin their new life.
After 6 months, the ORBERA™ balloon is removed the same way it was placed – with no need for incisions or invasive surgery.
The Power of a 2-Part Program
The ORBERA™ Intragastric balloon is just one part of the ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System. Once the balloon is in place, patients will begin on a 12-month coaching program to transform their lifestyle. This program typically involves a dietician, psychologist and exercise physiologist to allow for an all-encompassing approach to weight loss or obesity.
The ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon is intended for:
- Adults with a Body Mass Index of 30 – 40
- Patients wanting to lose around 20 – 40 pounds
- Patients that have already attempted other conservative methods of weight loss with no success
- Patents willing to commit to a 12-month program to reach their weight loss goals
3 Ways ORBERA™ Can Help You Reach Your Weight Loss Goals
The ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System can help you lose weight and keep it off by:
- Encouraging Healthy Eating Habits – with the ORBERA™ balloon in place, you will retrain your body to require less calories throughout the day and night. This will make it easier to switch to portion-controlled meals and snacks.
- Partnering with Health Coaches that Care – during the program, you will be working with experts such as a dietician and exercise physiologist who are actively involved in helping you form and maintain a healthy lifestyle that lasts.
- Simple, Result-Focused Timelines – the ORBERA™ balloon is placed for no more than 6 months. These first 6 months are typically when patients begin seeing results. This initial progress helps motivate you to stay on track with your nutrition plan and fitness routine for years to come.
So, Is ORBERA™ Right For You?
If your weight is something you’ve struggled with for years, it’s time to ask for help. With ORBERA™, the average person loses 3x more weight than those who try diet and exercise alone.
ORBERA™ is a great option for patients looking to lose between 20 – 40 pounds. For more than 20 years, the ORBERA™ Managed Weight Loss System has helped transform the lives of over 220,000 patients worldwide, in over 80 countries.
ORBERA™ Specialists in Tampa, FL
To find out if ORBERA™ is right for you, contact Dr. Prieto or Dr. Maldonado, Florida Medical Clinic’s ORBERA™ Specialists today.
These doctors are experts in this procedure and will be able to evaluate your condition and discuss any questions you have, such as cost or expected results.
Start your weight loss journey today: call our office at 813-280-7100.